Small Batch Ginger Beer
Small batch ginger beer
Time: 20 mins
Product: Omega Juicer
share this post :
- Fresh ginger root enough to make 4 oz. juice
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup raw sugar or more to taste – beer becomes less sweet as it ferments
- 1 tablespoon raw honey or molasses
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon yeast either regular active dry or rapid rise
- 1 container with enough space for fermentation covered
- Cut ginger into pieces to fit shoot.
- Place ginger juice, water, sugar and honey in a saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Let cool to between 105 and 115 and then stir in yeast.
- Cover but position lid so a tiny bit of air can come in.
- Let ferment at room temperature for 12 hours or up to a day.
- Pour into bottles, leaving air space at the top, seal and store in refrigerator to stop fermentation.
- Drink within 1 week. Delicious as is or used as a cocktail base.
- Enjoy your small batch ginger beer